Monday, September 11, 2006

Step by Step

ok so Party Poker has these "Steps" tournaments, which are single-table tournaments where you start at Step 1 (for $6) and if you win that, you move to Step 2, win that and move to Step 3, etc. Actually at some of the steps, the top two places move on. At Step 5 is where the cash prizes start, with a first prize of $2000. Anyways, I played this today and I've made it to Step 4 so far. hooray. I haven't attempted Step 4 yet cuz there weren't any going at the time. But let's see if I can bring home any bacon from this.

Since my last post, things actually went badly again. I did make a big effort to qualify for the Tuesday Super, and no luck. So I spent a total of >$500 on those crazy satellites and no seat. I lost about $1200 total over Tuesday to Thursday. Friday I was too hungover to play, heh. Yesterday (Saturday) I picked up Ed and his gf from the airport and drove down to Hood River, OR where I am now. Playing less poker here obviously since we've all been hanging out.

Tonight I sat at one table of 10/20 limit hold'em for a bit and pulled down about $300 in like half an hour. Now... a "real" poker player frowns upon the "hit and run," i.e. getting up from a table after a quick score. Because when you are playing in a game, you should stay in it as long as you feel that you have an edge in it. But with all of the losing that I've been doing recently, I really just felt that I needed to have a winning day. So I just got up and quit. Yes, I am not a "real" poker player right now.

Poker Stars is running the World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) starting next week. There's like 20 events or so, but only a couple that I could actually play in since I start orientation next week and then class the week after. But I'll probably try and play a few satellites for whatever events that I can play.

No comments:

What do you think?