Tuesday, September 05, 2006

hooked on satellites

...the only problem is, apparently I suck at them.

I spent today playing mostly single-table tournaments, with a few multi-tables mixed in. I managed to play 4-6 tables at a time, which was new because in the past my brain could not handle multi-tabling no-limit; in limit most of my moves are fairly automatic so it's not really too tough to play many tables of that but no-limit is kind of a different story. However, it becomes more managable in tournaments because at the later stages you're basically moving all-in or folding, so the thought process can be fairly quick.

Anyways, my main goal of today was to win a satellite into the Monday Super, which was a $162 buy-in with a total prize pool today of $165,900. The satellites were $22, so I mixed these in with the regular $33 SNGs that I played. Well, by the end of the day, I played 11 of these satellites, and did NOT win a seat >:0 so yeah that means I spent $242 on these satellites when I could've just bought my seat for $162. I feel like Daniel Negreanu and his addiction to rebuys... except, DN is good at poker.

oh, here's a sick hand from one of the satellites:
set over set over set
yeah that was fun

Well, I played a total of 36 non-satellite tournaments today, and managed to pull down about $700 on the day. And that's including my satellite losses. So yeah that's pretty sweet, I'd almost forgotten what it feels like to log in a real win.

Tomorrow I'm going to make it a serious mission to win a satellite into the Tuesday Super, which is the same deal as the Monday Super, same satellites and same buy-in. Because... after losing a bunch of them it just becomes personal, you know?

No comments:

What do you think?