Thursday, February 05, 2009

528th for $363.95 + $200 bounty

Well I just busted out. My last hand I had 99 in CO, opened to 3x, the BB shoved (had me covered), and I actually thought about folding because I figured it was probably a race at best, even if he was screwing around and re-stealing. But I figured I'd go with it, gotta win races to win the tournament. So I called and yeah he had AK, and flopped the A.

But at least I didn't go away empty-handed, got $363.95 for the 528th place finish, out of a final total of 6275 (they were still doing late registration for a bit). ALSO, they had bounties on all the FTP pros, so you got $200 if you knocked one out. I knocked out Gabriela Hill on this hand. And... for the little bit that I was sitting with her, she really looked like she was playing rather poorly, so I was hoping to get the chance to bust her. And yeah this call by her in her final hand is definitely questionable (although, in all honesty so is my shove, but we won't talk about that, lol).

Come to think of it, I actually don't even really know who she is. So I'm not sure how she got to become an FTP pro. But hey, thanks for the extra $200, Full Tilt :)

(edit: I looked up who Gabriela Hill is. Makes sense now since she's really an announcer, not a professional player).

And now back to my regularly scheduled $10 tournaments... actually, I think I might be ready to move up to the $20s with this $563.95 score, haha. And of course I will have my constant eye on satellites into more of these big events.

No comments:

What do you think?