Tuesday, January 06, 2009

FTOPS Seat

Tonight I won a seat into FTOPS Event #1, which
is a $200 buy-in tournament with a guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000. 1st place prize money is currently listed at $172,960 although this could go up as more entrants register.

I had to mount a massive comeback to win this seat, because I was in a winner-take-all satellite, and when we were down to 3 players, I was out-chipped like 8-1 by the chip leader. But somehow I battled back to take it down... in one hand he made a huge overbet for all my chips and I made the call with top pair, which held against his flush draw, and in the final hand he called off all his chips on another flush draw after I check-shoved with middle pair. Fortunately for me, this one didn't hit either and I won the seat.

In another tournament tonight, I had a shot at 1st place prize money of about $1,200 but sadly, I busted in 13th.

Lish and I had a good conversation tonight about the role of poker in my life and the world. My thoughts on that are all kind of whirling around right now though so I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

What do you think?