Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another final table -- almost

Played in one of the PokerStars 180s last night (their 180-person tournaments that they run), and came in 10th; final table was 9. boo.

On the way there, this hand came up:
AA over QQ

Basically, his pocket queens ran into my pocket aces. Then, see the chatbox in the image of the table, below:

Photobucket

Now that's just rude.

Anyways, I was definitely running pretty hot in the first half of this tournament -- this hand put me up to about 13k in chips, which was good for at least top 5 at this point. I basically hovered between 1st - 5th for a while, but then after a while I just couldn't make anything happen, and eventually busted one shy of the final table. oh well.

I was just realizing, too, that I've not yet come in 1st in one of these big tournaments... in anything bigger than like 5 tables. I mean, I haven't played all that many yet, so it's not surprising or anything. But like, these prize pools are very top-heavy; 1st place is where a large chunk of the money is. So... it's time to make it happen!

No comments:

What do you think?