Wednesday, December 10, 2008

End of the quarter

Since winter break just started, there is more time to play again. And I've been feeling the desire lately to get back into it.

Last year's WSOP effort didn't end up amounting to anything, because I ran/played really bad for a bit and almost busted my whole Full Tilt account before really even getting into any satellites. I also just pulled over $1000 out of my poker bank account to help pay for overwhelming bills of late.

So now it's all about building the roll back up, before dreaming up any more WSOP plans. In other news, I think I may have finally gotten over the drunken poker stupidity problem -- that is, my habit of signing into my poker account after a night of drinking, and then losing lots of money. The fact that I don't get that drunk very often anymore helps with this too, but last night was our end-of-the-quarter party, and after it was over, I managed to keep myself to just 1 $5 tournament (which I even wound up winning!) before going to bed. So I'm proud of myself for that... and really, all told I think I must have dropped like $3,000 over the years while playing drunk... so it'd be good if I've finally learned my lesson with that.

Matt and I are going to a free poker night at Goldie's up the street from us. I don't know what it's going to be like, and whether they'll have prizes or what, but hopefully it will at least be fun. I've really been itching to touch some cards and chips again.

No comments:

What do you think?