Monday, June 25, 2007

ONE WEEK UNTIL VEGAS

w00t

So excited for Vegas! Still sad that I won't be playing in the WSOP, but oh well. Maybe I can make something happen in a live satellite.

I'm a little concerned about my video poker plan (see previous entry), because I've been practicing on a simulator and I'm still making mistakes. I've been improving, but this game is a little trickier to play perfectly than I expected. Right now I tend to make about 5-10 mistakes per 100 hands, on Deuces Wild. I haven't been practicing Jacks or Better as much, because Deuces Wild actually has >100% EV, whereas JoB has just under 100%. But I should be practicing both. Hopefully I can get them both near perfect through this week, or else I will have to bag that plan.

Tomorrow I am going to try and satellite into the $40k Guarantee tournament on Full Tilt. This is a $150 buy-in tournament. I was debating between going for this one and going for the $1,000 buy-in that is also tomorrow, but that of course would be a longer shot to get into. So I think I'll go with the $40k, and see if I can make anything happen in that.

The other possible plan for tomorrow would be to just head up to Tulalip. I went last week, for some 3/5 NL with $300 max buy-in. I played ridiculously bad for the first hour, and still managed to pull $200 out of that game. I'm actually still really mad at myself for how I played at first, I was just playing absolutely stupid. Stuff like open-limping on the button, calling raises with A8h, and then not folding on the flop with just a pair of aces, bluffing into a loose player, etc etc. Just awful. Hopefully it's out of my system now, at least.

But anyways. I enjoy tournaments more than cash anyways. Unfortunately I think I'm better at cash. Particularly limit. sigh.

but yeah. VEGAS BABY!!

No comments:

What do you think?