Sunday, November 18, 2007

FTOPS 1st break

ok here we are on the first break.

I'm sitting at 4290 chips, a bit under the starting stack of 5000. Haven't really been able to do much yet. My table seems unremarkable thus far, with a couple of the fish busting early so that doesn't really help things in terms of trying to get something going.

I had one potentially big hand that I think I screwed up:
J8d in big blind
Was hoping to get in a check-push on the turn, but whiffed. The river card sucks cuz it kills my action, and my hand looks exactly like a flush. But I figured at that point my best bet was an overbet to look like a bluff. Or in case HE has the flush, I'm making him pay for it. But his hand doesn't look like a flush at all; my guess is that he had a medium-big Jack. He did tank forever, but eventually folded :(

Here's another hand that went badly:
River bluff-raise
I wanted to pounce on that river bet of 200 since it looked so weak, and this guy has been playing tight so I thought I could make him fold. I guess the question is, what am I trying to represent? Well, I'd play a set this way, or a 5, and check that turn when I hit my house or trips. I also could have clubs. But my bet size sucks; I didn't do the math carefully because I'm only making him call 600 for a pot of 1400 at that point. So yeah, that's silly.

Anyways. Back at it.

No comments:

What do you think?