Saturday, April 07, 2007

WSOP 2006: Interlude

Ok where were we. We're in the middle of my 2-week trip to Las Vegas for the World Series of Poker. So far I have played in 3 other tournaments, lasting somewhat deep in each but no cash. My start day in the Main Event is on Sunday, and I left off on Thursday night with my last post.

So on Friday, we moved from MGM to the Rio. Wendy got in that day, with Anne and Rick in her car. I made Emily be my "secretary," because I was starting to feel the stress of everything so I just had her deal with it all. Also arriving that day was Steve, and then much later in the night, Rahul.

When Rahul arrived, he immediately announced that the party needed to get going, because he was only in town for less than 48 hours. Well, I was already in no-party mode so I couldn't join him. But Wendy and BG did. Apparently they partied quite late into the night and totally took over a craps table, haha.

That's about it for Friday. On Saturday, I had some business to take care of. On 2+2, the poker forum that I read, there happened to be some trash talking between Michigan and Ohio State. So I suggested a "last-longer" bet between those from the two schools playing in the WSOP. So each of us put down $100, and whichever side lastest the longest would split the prize. On Saturday, I had to meet up with the other participants and collect the monies. Which took more effort than one might expect. And the Rio was already bustling at this point because the Main Event started on Friday (even though I wasn't starting until Sunday).

Also on Saturday, Anne and I went to church. We found a nice Catholic church on the northern-ish part of the Strip, though I can't remember what it was called. Not surprisingly, they were accustomed to having tourists and catered to us nicely, i.e. being very clear on what path to take up there during communion and stuff.

I also had to check into my hotel room at Fitzgeralds. It was becoming quite the party room at the Rio, which I had anticipated. And since I wanted to get a good night's sleep before playing on Sunday, I decided to get my own hotel room for that night. And I had Emily come with me. No we did not share a bed :-P

I guess that's about it. Not very exciting, but I want to start on the Main Event as its own thing, so this post is just the interlude between everything else and that.

TOMORROW I PLAY IN THE WORLD SERIES OF POKER MAIN EVENT WOOOOOOO!!!!

No comments:

What do you think?